This is the ultimate pre-workout, especially if you’re a morning person. Slow release carbs for steady energy release, plenty of protein for muscle building and good fat for synthesis & even more energy. The syrup/honey and cacao nibs also provide an instant kick to get you going when the birds aren’t even singing yet.
I like to add peanut butter for flavour, if I’m knackered I sometimes put a tsp of Nutella in too (I know, I know, but COME ON!) You could also use nuts, seeds, fruit or spices like ginger, nutmeg & cinnamon. Switch it up!
– 1 cup instant oats
– 200-250ml milk
– 1-2 scoops whey powder
– 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
– squeeze of Sweet Freedom syrup/honey
– cacao nibs
– Make a protein shake with they whey and milk, as usual. Add a bit more milk to make it thinner than you’d usually drink
– Put the oats in a bowl and chuck the shake on top. Stir it up really well and microwave on high for 1 min 50. Leave to cool for 30 seconds and add more milk if it’s too frothy or stodgy.
– If using peanut butter, stir it in now. Add the toppings & enjoy!